Sunday is just around the corner, which means that it's time to begin my journey to Amsterdam! In my one week at home between a fantastic summer in Cleveland and moving to my new home in The Netherlands, I have been frantically rereading my program's handbook, reviewing Amsterdam's history and modern cultural practices, photocopying important documents, and printing pictures of family and friends to bring along.
I'm also desperately trying to condense my belongings. My program (CIEE) has even suggested trying to walk around the block carrying everything I intend to bring. I'm not so sure I'll do that, but I'm certainly up for the challenge of removing extra clothes and, reluctantly, leaving some of my books behind.
All the practical preparations aside, I am beyond excited to embark on this long-awaited adventure... WOOO! Here is where I'll be spending the next four months. I'll write more from Europe!
